Sunday, July 22, 2007

Family Lunch

Today, my aunt and uncle Joy and Joe, their daughter Lacey, and her boyfriend Ben came to Tyler and went to church with us. It was fun having them there. Then they all came back to our house for lunch, along with my parents and Nathan. We had a rather fabulous time, I must say. A serious game of whiffle ball (sp?) ensued following lunch, and let's just say I feel sorry for the people who weren't on mine, Dad's, and Joe's team. It was a blowout. Heehee. Jonah just ran around the backyard trying to get the ball and hit things with a bat. I don't know how we made it through a game without him having a major injury because he sure wasn't paying any attention to what was actually happening in the game. The game began, at Nathan's insistence, before I had time to change out of my church/lunch clothes, so yes....this mama played baseball in a skirt! I didn't do any sliding though. =) Wish I had a picture of that.

Me and my sweet aunt and cousin (had to take a picture since we were all color-coordinated) -


The one below is of 2 very sweaty boys having some good ol' cousin fun. I couldn't get them to stand still for one picture. I'd ask them to hug, and instead they'd just tackle each other every time. So I snapped this one while they were on their way to the floor on a tackle/fall.
BOYS. sigh.

2 comments:

Lori, Landon and Logan said...

Wow, Jonah looks like Joel in that pic! You look great- little momma!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sending the link so I could see who you are! Jonah is a doll. Such a handsome little boy and it sounds like he is a smart one, too. What fun!