Saturday, July 21, 2007

Garage Sale Treasure

Just so you know....I've turned into one of those people. For the last several weeks, I've not been able to stop myself from going to garage sales on Friday and Saturday mornings. I LOVE it. Here's a picture of last week's fun find/re-do. At first the tray looked like this:

And I'm sorry if you own a poinsettia tray. I, however, did not want a poinsettia tray. So here is what I did with it:

I think it may end up on my coffee table, I'm not sure yet. But, I love it. And go ahead and ask me how much it cost. 50 cents! Yeah, that's right.

My nephew Nathan is in Tyler for a week, and he's staying over at my parents'. It's been really fun seeing him. I am going to be one sad aunt in September when Nathan turns FIVE years old. Five is old. I'm sad. Anyway, Jonah ADORES his big cousin, and they have played so hard. We will be having Nathan over and going over to my parents' a lot in the next week, spending as much time with him as possible. Last night, my parents kept both boys, and I got in a crazy productive mood. I decided to repaint my kitchen. I've been planning to do it ever since I first painted it and it came out a horribly wrong yellow color. I didn't actually get home with the paint until almost 10:00 and spent the next several hours working on this transformation. Ok, I really doubt you'll be able to tell any difference in this picture. You may not even be able to tell a difference in person! But trust me, there is a difference! Subtle. But it's there. Here's the before, if you recall:


And FINALLY.....not so bright. It's a darker gold color:



So that's what I've been up to so far this weekend. Hope everyone is enjoying theirs!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

yeah, i'd almost being willing to lie and say that it looks so great and so much better, but i can't tell a difference...but i am sure it looks great! :)

Lori, Landon and Logan said...

Wow that rocks! You may have found your second calling (besides being a momma/wife)!
Oh and Tag your it! Come visit our blog to see why!